Psychic Kids: How a Mentor Can Help Your Child Cope with Their Gift

As a child who spent most nights hiding under the covers (or running for cover in my brother or parents' rooms), I know how terrifying it can be to hear, see, or simply know that spirits are present. Neither of my parents had experienced anything similar and my brother was "normal", so they just chalked it up to my skittish nature, reassured me that ghosts and monsters didn't exist, and -in the interest of everyone getting adequate sleep- made room for me in their bed. I fell into the group who just knew that I was never alone. I never actually saw The Others that I sensed around me (due in large part to those covers over my head), but that didn't make it any less real or frightening. If you have a child who is seeing spirits or predicting future events on a fairly regular basis, you may be understandably concerned, or perhaps as frightened by their gifts as they are. Parents instinctively want to protect their children, but this is impossible to do if you are not psychic yourself and cannot see or sense exactly what they are up against. This is when the advice of a professional psychic mentor can be invaluable.

I believe that every human being has some inborn psychic or intuitive ability. For most people this manifests in early childhood and then fades over time. This is because as babies/toddlers we are less grounded and more open and receptive to other energies in the Spirit World from whence we just came. If you polled most people they would say that they have had at least one unexplainable freaky (paranormal) experience during their lifetime, but children who are born with heightened abilities can be plagued by unsettling paranormal experiences that no one else around them seems to share. This often leaves them confused, misunderstood or, at worst, ridiculed. I know that I would have benefitted from knowing an adult who had been in my shoes and could have helped me to better understand and control what was happening to me. This is why I am more than happy to be able to be that mentor for others. As a mother, grandmother and former high school teacher, I find it easy to relate to children of all ages. I authored a book, Madame Medium: Unleash your Inner Psychic with a French Teacher Turned Psychic Medium, to help adults develop their abilities, and I am just as comfortable explaining the psychic world to younger people. I approach psychic mentorship in much the same way I approached tutoring students in French, Spanish or Italian: I assess their experience/what level they are at, and then design and implement age and level-appropriate activities that lead to a greater understanding of the subject at hand.

How do you know if your child is psychic and might benefit from the guidance that only a professional psychic medium can provide? Below is a quick guide, based on the age of the child.

Babies & Toddlers (0-3 years) 

Many children at this age talk to "imaginary" friends, resist bedtime, or point at a deceased relative's photo (or at nothing at all) and blurt out a name. As an infant my grandson would stop what he was doing and stare above my head when I was receiving messages from Spirit. At age two he looked at a picture of my mother and said her name though she had passed away when he was just over a year old. While experiences such as these can be indicators of budding psychic ability, it can be difficult -or nearly impossible- for a baby or toddler to articulate exactly what's up in their little world. Unless you are very alarmed by their behavior, I suggest waiting until they are a bit older and able to share their experiences to reach out for mentorship assistance. If they seem to be freaking out or reacting more strongly to something (or someone) that others in the house also sense, you should consider booking a home energy check/paranormal investigation because you may have a house-related issue as opposed to (or in addition to) a psychic kid. As a medium I am able to identify who or what is wreaking havoc in your house, and help both the living and the dead to achieve peace. For what to expect during a home energy check/paranormal investigation, click here. The example provided recounts an investigation that I conducted based on unusual happenings that were affecting a toddler and the rest of her family. To book this service, visit the 'Rates & Services' page of my website: bethparkermedium.com.


Children (4-10 years) 

By this age many psychic children will regularly report seeing or hearing deceased people or non-human entities, but some may be too afraid to tell you about their experiences. I rarely spoke about what frightened me so much at night because I felt that giving voice to it made it more real, or gave it some sort of power over me. I pretty much kept the lights on and the closet closed at night, stayed away from the basement during the day, and clung more tightly (and for a lot longer) to my mom's pant leg than most kids. I refused to sleep over at friends' houses until I was nine or ten, and rarely did so even as a teen. One of my daughters refused to sleep alone (or in her room), although she only actually saw an apparition once as a child. Her sister regularly heard voices and saw several spirits while growing up, but was not frightened in the least. If any of these behaviors sound familiar to you and your child's quality of life (or everyone's sleep cycle) is suffering because of them, now is a great time to call on me (or another professional psychic mentor in your area) to help figure out what's happening.

My initial consultation includes a 30-minute consultation via FaceTime or Zoom, during which time I gather enough background information to ascertain whether or not your child would benefit from psychic mentoring. Depending on the outcome of this interview, the next step would be a longer session with your child in their own environment. Over the course of one morning or afternoon, I gather more background details and conduct a few assessments to evaluate their abilities in order to figure how to best help them learn to cope with their unique reality. Based on these discussions and assessments, you may choose to follow up with future mentoring sessions designed to allay their fears and help them gain a sense of control over their superpowers. At this age, it is rarely a good idea to pursue boosting their abilities. My goal would be to help them return to as "normal" a childhood as possible until they are old enough to decide whether or not they want to fully develop their gifts. To book a 30-minute consultation, go to the 'Services & Rates' page of my website and scroll down to the 'Psychic Kids Consultation': bethparkermedium.com


Pre-teens & Teens (11-18 years) 

It is not unusual for a child who has not shown any psychic abilities to start experiencing them when puberty hits. Middle and high school can be difficult enough without the added stress of being followed by spirits night and day. If your pre-teen or teen reports seeing, hearing or feeling familiar or unfamiliar spirits, dark figures or other entities, and is having difficulty sleeping or concentrating because of these intrusions, they could benefit from an adult psychic mentor. I would treat the initial consultation and any follow up much the same as I would a younger child (see above), with various age-appropriate activities designed to assess and help them feel more in control of their gifts. At this age it is often beneficial to schedule additional mentoring sessions to help them better understand and possibly even hone their abilities, depending upon their individual gifts and goals. I loved teaching high school and have more experience mentoring psychic teens than any other age group. For more information on booking a consultation, go to the 'Services & Rates' page of my website and scroll down to the 'Psychic Kids Consultation': bethparkermedium.com

If your tween or teen is not seeing or hearing entities, but is suddenly overwhelmed in crowds or having panic attacks because of their ability to pick up on and actually feel the energy of everyone around them, they are not necessarily psychic, but are most definitely an empath (aka a human energy sponge). Empaths internalize and take on the emotions of others and need to learn to how to recognize/separate their own energy from foreign or external energies in order to remain balanced. If you believe that either you or your child is an empath, you may want to read my book, Madame Medium: Unleash your Inner Psychic with a French Teacher Turned Psychic Medium, to gain more insight into protecting and balancing your energy field(s). To take advantage of the free resources for empaths on the 'Psychic Development' page of my website, click here: http://www.bethparkermedium.com/psychic-development-resources.html

Final note: as I mentioned earlier, some parents find their psychic child's abilities and behavior frightening, but many find it exciting and are anxious to find out all they can in an effort to help their child develop their gifts, without understanding the profound effects that this can have on their child's quality of life. The most important thing to remember is that we must all be working in the best interest of your child's emotional well-being and we must choose what they are most comfortable with, rather than what you or others in their life feel is best for them. They may not be ready to explore their gifts further (they may not consider them gifts at all), in which case they simply need to be taught how to create healthy boundaries between themselves and the Spirit World, by learning to take control of their own energy and filter or block out any unwanted energy.


return to booking page

Before becoming a professional psychic medium, Beth taught high school French, Spanish, Italian and ESOL. In addition to conducting mediumship and general psychic readings across the country and abroad, she is also conducts paranormal investigations and offers psychic development mentoring for adults and children. Her book, Madame Medium: Unleash Your Inner Psychic with a French Teacher Turned Psychic Medium was written to help others uncover and hone their own intuitive abilities. Beth lives just outside of Baltimore, Maryland, with her husband, Scott, their dog, Waffle, and their resident house spirit.

To learn more about Beth, her book, and the other services that she offers, visit bethparkermedium.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mediumship & Life Path Readings: What to Expect from a Combination Reading

Spirit Speak 101: Tingles, Twitches and Ear Pops... How Spirit Tries to Grab Our Attention

General Psychic FAQs: Answers to Random Questions